Battle of Saragarhi copyright controversy: Ajay Devgn reveals Salman Khan is not a part of the project
Much has been said, written and twisted so far regarding the filming copyright battle over Battle of Saragarhi. All started from the reports of Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar and Karan Johar joining hands on making a film based on Battle of Saragarhi, a topic that Ajay Devgn had already thought of much before.
Then it was followed by another report that the ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ actor had walked out of the project as not to displease his buddy Ajay by making a second film on the same topic. The discord went too far that Akshay Kumar had to speak about Salman’s involvement in the film. He had said, “If Salman is producing it or not, that’s still not decided, talks are still going on.”
And finally Ajay Devgn opened up over the issue and confirmed that the ‘Sultan’ actor is not associated with Battle of Saragarhi. Furthermore he said he will definitely release his film on Battle of Saragarhi no matter if someone else makes another film on the same.
“Salman Khan is not making Battle of Saragarhi. I’ll make it for sure” says Ajay Devgn
Ajay Devgn was present there to promote his next release ‘Baadshaho’. During that interview, he clarified, “Salman Khan is not making Battle of Saragarhi. I am not too sure if somebody else is making it or not. I am making the film for sure, but I will take some time. Have always maintained that the film will be made on a very big scale. I will need, at least, two years’ time for that film. If anyone wants to make it, they can make it and release it as well. I will release my film after them, but I am making the film for sure.”
It was 2nd of January, 2017 when Salman Akshay and KJo announced the project. Here it is also a matter of fact that right from that none of them have ever mentioned that the film would be based on Battle of Saragarhi or on something else. It could also be a totally different topic that they have locked.
And when the reports of Salman Khan’s backing off from the project spread like forest fire, the superstar took to Twitter and put the speculations to rest. He refuted
Don't follow rumors . follow me . ek baar jo maine commitment kar di toh phir…… vry much doing film with @akshaykumar
— Salman Khan (@BeingSalmanKhan) March 12, 2017
However, as Ajay Devgn said his film on Battle of Saragarhi will take much time to complete. On the other hand, Salman Akki and KJo’s join project is scheduled to hit the screens in 2018.